by whitney marie

Baking and sewing, two of my favorite things. I am in no way an expert on either but I am certainly on a journey to be the best that I can be in both. This blog is a way for me to document the things I learn, my crafting successes (and failures), and hopefully showcase my growing talent. If you see anything you like, requests can always be made. Thank you for taking the time to visit and enjoy!

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Last One for This Cake... I Promise


Since I built up the surprise-inside cake so much, it is probably only fair that you actually get to see the inside of it. I have to warn you, the "surprise" isn't all that exciting. As this was my first cake of this sort, I started out with something simple to build my confidence for something cooler next time. On a side note, there wasn't a whole lot of wine drinking during this production. The notion of completely changing the way I make cakes was enough to intimidate me into hydrating instead.  I will have to up my intake for the next one. 

We cut open the cake this weekend and I have to say, it was pretty darn good. Keeping the cake in the freezer until we were ready to cut it kept the inside very moist.  A warning though, keeping the cake in the freezer after cutting it may start to dry it out. Hope you enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment